Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Review: Organix Hair Care Products

So, I am super picky about my conditioner. I've got thick hair that likes to frizz. I've also recently had a keratin treatment done on my hair (all natural, no formaldehyde) and I color it so that means I need to use a shampoo that doesn't contain sulfates. A friend had left her Organix argan oil shampoo in my shower and I gave it a try. Pretty good (not super foamy because it lacks those sulfates, but good).

Photo from Organix, www.organixhair.com

The next time I was buying conditioner I looked to see what Organix offered. I was a little skeptical if it's going to be as good as what I currently use, but I was also looking to find something that was a bit more eco-friendly so I gave their keratin conditioner a shot. I have to say I was VERY impressed. Super smooth, moisturizing and silky. Only complaint is that it is a little hard to wash out.

NOW, to the "green" aspects to this line. It's always hard to know when to trust manufacturers on this stuff and also know exactly what you are putting on your hair without a chemistry degree. So, this becomes hard for the lay person to figure out sometimes. I've read a few things that say they use other not-so-great ingredients in place of the really bad ones. That's not cool. 

In other aspects, the bottles are made with recycled materials, the labels use environmentally friendly inks, and the label film is made from corn (so that's also controversial at a certain level). It's also not tested on animals (I mean, it's 2012, why would any product like this still be doing that, but I guess not everyone does). 


As someone who doesn't have a lot of money to spend on salon haircare products (or time... this stuff is right at Target where I'm already doing some shopping), and as someone who likes green options but also options that work for my hair, this product seems like a good compromise. But I'm open to others. Anyone else have a great shampoo and conditioner that is also green? And how do you define green?

http://www.organixhair.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...