Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pinned: Success or Fail? Avocado Macaroni and Cheese


So this avocado mac and cheese has certainly made the rounds on Pinterest. The photo is what really sells it, right? Well, I guess that's probably why it's so big on Pinterest. Plus it sounds like it would work well. Avocado, plus cheese, plus pasta... what's not to love? 


Well, if you basically want guacamole on top of pasta, then topped with melted cheese that is basically what you are getting. It was edible, but only for like a day because it browns quickly. This photo makes it look amazing and if you cook it yourself it will not resemble this at all. See my photos below.

I was excited to use the avocados I bought from the side of the road when KC and I went to the lavender fields.

I used some ricotta in place of some of the milk. I also used gluten free noodles. These changes shouldn't have made too big of a taste change.

You can see it has an ugly color even after just being mixed together.

So, the verdict: FAIL. I really had high expectations for this and it fell very short. Don't bother with this recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...