Friday, November 4, 2011

What I Wore- Friday 11/4/11

Today was one of the first rainy days here in LA and I got to listen to the rain and make crafts for the bulk of the day.  What I would like to bring up today is- Why did we stop wearing house dresses as  lounge wear? I don't quite know when terrycloth jumpsuits came in and mumus went out, but the right ones are fabulous. I think they should make a comeback-

The quilted house coat was a fun find.  I don't usually collect house coats, but this one is the perfect shade of raspberry. Plus, the quilted fabric is still in really nice condition, so I can feel snugly in it.  It has exquisite costume jewelry buttons with little crystals inside and it has pockets- love it! Don't hate on my shlumpadinka picture- I am not a persona, I am a person who likes comfort and I will definitely take risks because fashion should be fun.  Do you remember when you were little and you would want to throw on everything you loved even if the pieces don't quite work together?? That is kinda my favorite.

Main project for today was finishing up these upcycled containers as packaging for our pin cushion rings.
Made from paper towel/ bathroom tissue rolls, old maps, decorative tape and sticker details. The shape and size is perfect for the rings. I really lucked out connecting that this would be a perfect fit as packaging to protect the rings.  This could be a good addition to your holiday craft fair as packaging for jewelry and other small gift items.

Hope everyone has a stellar weekend!!! Make sure to come to the Patchwork Indie Arts and Crafts Festival in Long Beach this Sunday 11/6/11 and say hi! 

If you come buy our booth & mention this posting- we will hook you up with  a free gift :-)

Hope to see you there! XOXO, KC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...