Saturday, October 29, 2011

What I Wore- Friday 10/28/11

Last night Kevin had a work party and I worked overtime on pin cushions all day. It has been an overall productive and enjoyable end of the week/weekend so far.  I am trying to get some more work done today while Kevin goes into work-

This dress is definitely one of my top 5 of favorites finds from thrifting. I love the cut at the shoulders.  There is little black beads across the seam- I really love shoulder details. Plus, brown, black and white are my favorite colors to wear and I love to shamelessly mix brown & black.  I never quite understood why people have some rules about brown and black together. I am going to shorten it just a smidgen so it hits at the knee/ just above and then it will be perfect.

I really like the vertical stripes of varying sizes too.  This dress is an absolutely fabulous find!

I just recently busted out this necklace and I am not sure why it took me so long to wear it. My grandma gave it to me years back and I have been treasuring it and not enjoying it-which is lame of me.  I feel like somethings should be kept nice and treasured but if you don't enjoy it, what's the point of collecting so many things???

Here are some more details from the week-


We got out our first batch of custom ordered Reinbeers to the East Coast.  My fingers are starting to get the wonderful callouses that while helpful are by no means lady-like. I have these little guys to thank for my utilitarian digits-

I had a sweet falafel platter...

ALSO,
Coming up this week for the first DIY Project/ Tuesday Tutorial for November is utilizing these upcycled pieces of aluminum cans for decorations. We'll be making them into fun holiday decorations that will both be a wonderful timeless addition to the holidays but a cool twist with a slightly- industrial feel.

Working today is no buenos but I am super glad to be productive.  I am the lucky one who gets to at least be on the couch while I am working unlike Kevin so I guess I have it made ;) Unfortunately I am nursing a headache, thankfully Kevin gave me a wicked awesome shoulder rub last night so I am glad to be on the mend in that department.   Stinks this post didn't happen yesterday but my shoulder has been acting up and I took a break from the computer and the day got away from me. I do like posting on the weekend- it is nice posting today.

I had a really nice phone call today which was refreshing and motivating. Now, to push through and get some more work done. Well, I am not quite sure what we are getting into for the rest of the weekend. I'll know more once Kevin is home-
more details to come. XOXO, KC

2 comments:

  1. Utilitarian digits sound positively poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I will be working on the poetry more now that I know it is appreciated ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...