Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wedding Wednesday- Handmade Weddings

The one comfort I had Monday coming home from the vet was an Amazon box waiting for me by the door when I got home.  Last week after pulling out my books and magazines suddenly I found myself online with my shopping cart full.  I returned a dress I bought online which gave me a credit on my credit card and it I was itching to use it!  I was super excited about one of the books I was pretty sure was amazing, but once it came home I realized it is the end-all, be-all, go to guide for weddings!!!
Handmade Weddings: More Than 50 Crafts to Personalize Your Big Day is the most amazing book ever!!! I was looking forward to giving my brief first reaction to this amazing book today, but it seems good 'ol Design Sponge beat me to the punch this morning.  This means I can spend some time away from the computer today by suggesting you check it out too :)

This post on Design Sponge has a really great How-To from the book on Cupcake Liner Pom-Poms.  I am so excited about this project! I have a small collection of vintage cupcake liners because I love the patterns so much. All this time I couldn't figure out the best way to put them to use and Ta-Dah!  I wish there had been this book when I was planning my wedding.  Honestly I feel like this book is the now go to book for parties and weddings!  

The part that this book highlights that I feel like was left out of every book I had seen before is the  amazing themes and how the projects include details on how to adapt each project for different styles. Of the six themes there is a wedding for everyone in this book! There is Retro Homespun for a nostalgic, heirloom, crafty spin on a modern wedding. Girly Romantic for that fairy-tale, dreamlike wedding filled with whimsy. Happy Graphic for a fun, bold and witty charm for the affair. Organic Minimal style that pulls natural elements and fuses with minimal styles and clean lines to create a simple and comfortable, modern event. Modern Classic the chic, classic, iconic wedding. And last but not least, Found which is stated in the book as ingenious and creative.  

While Found is clearly my thing, there isn't a single project in this book I don't want to make, and there is suggestions to make all the items out of recycled, reused, and vintage elements.  Each section has color suggestions, fonts, textures and even venue suggestions to make every detail special! Brides to Be- put it on your MUST List!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...