Thursday, August 26, 2010

BOOK MARC

What is on my wish list for Winter 2010... 

I wish I  could take a trip to NYC the new Marc Jacobs book store, Book Marc when it opens.  It is going to be located at 400 Bleecker Street- (details)  so I could get a cupcake at Magnolia Bakery (Which funny enough is in LA now!) and check it out.  It will be interesting to see how the New Yorkers take to the concept. I don't feel like Marc Jacobs is in the league of Starbucks and Wal-mart, but there is an interesting buzz about the opening.  

Who knows if it is the nostalgia stirring up the neighborhood now that this once favorite neighborhood bookstore is keeping the hard-core dwellers cynical or if they can't conceptualize how awesome it is going to be.  This "battle war of corporate takeover" using art literature and fun school supplies hopefully will win the people of the West Village over.

Personally, I feel like even though I am not a Marc Jacobs customer in a clothing/ accessories market for myself I had misconceptions with where I could fit in as a customer.  The first time I was able to go to the Marc by Marc store in Savannah, GA I was really surprised about the range in pricing for some of the more impulse gifts- and I think there is a conscious effort within the and the company to promote good things to their community (the workers, their customers, and the style/ reference knowledge).  I remember all those years in Fashion school where I was glued to what Marc Jacobs was up to and I liked every minute of it.  If you step into a Marc by Marc and leaf threw their book selection as an artist, as a pop-culture enthusiast, or a fashionista you feel like "books you'd select, but didn't know it" are all there to stimulate YOU.  Its like how Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie have an amazing book selection- at some point be glad that people still want to read books and are not only on Amazon all day!

MY MAIN POINT, sorry for the rant...


You can see some of the fun impulse items to come at their Marc by Marc Jacobs Accessories store on Bleecker Street in the West Village.  People are going nuts about the BOOKMARC colored pencils, and I can include myself in with them ;)


I guess I can count myself one of the lucky few to see these great recycled paper pencils in 12 great colors, a hilarious sharpie and a fun bag to keep my supplies in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...