Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Greener Swiffer Cover

Today my post will be a quasi how-to.  I am entertaining this week some, and I haven't tended to the floors since we have moved in...


So, they aren't horrendous- but still time for a good scrub.  Now like most Americans at one point in college a Swiffer "Mop" came into my life.  I am not sure if it is the complete embodyment of our throw-away culture or if there are worse things. BUT, they are wasteful, costly, and they just plain don't clean as good as 'ol fashioned scrubbing or mopping.  

So, I wanted to try an alternative with re-purposing an old towel into a re-usable cover that can be washed and used with whatever cleaner on an existing Swiffer mop pole.
 Here shows the dimensions and  construction elements of the cloth.  I made a covered elastic strip to give texture in scrubbing and to secure the sides from flapping.  This was just a simple strip with reinforced edges folded over and stitched onto the main towel. 




I will be posting before and after shots tomorrow with some further thoughts-  Mopping the floor was all the chore I can handle for the day and will have to leave this To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...