Thursday, March 25, 2010

big ideas FOR A SMALL PLANET- Chris Jordan

Big Ideas for a Small Planet: Season 1 (2pc)
 I have been spending some time watching
BIG IDEAS FOR A SMALL PLANET and each episode is so informational and enjoyable that I strongly recommend taking a second to watch some.  Each episode is only 25 min. so when I am having lunch it has been my go-to break.  The picture above is Season 1, and I am watching Season 3 at the moment... Season 3 is On-line as well as in Netflix Play Instant where I have been watching it.  You have to queue the disks for Season 1 or purchase it to see it, so I will have to report later how that goes...

I am sure I will be talking about how many great things this program has inspired me to think about and incorporate in my projects- Today my recent love to explore is Chris Jordan a Photographer who creates GIANT photo collages to diagram waste. 




 The best part is he creates his work to whatever scale replicates the vast amount of the issue depicted.  Sometimes seeing the problem head is the best wake-up call for anyone and Chris is able to illustrate the problem and make it accessible for the audience.
Running the Numbers: An American Self-portrait

 I would kill to get this book but alas, Running the Numbers: An American Self-portrait is out of my budget, but I am going to keep checking him out and it states in his Exhibits that his Austin Museum of Art Show in Austin TX is at the same time we will be in Austin!!!! Yippee


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...