Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fireworks and Fun for the 4th

Hope your 4th of July was explosive!!!

We had a very low key celebration our way.  I am still figuring out my schedule and normalizing after our big push for CRAFTED and what that means for my Mon. - Thurs. schedule. We tore up the house getting everything for the port and I think it is going on 4 weeks neglecting laundry.  All this is put on hold until I make some more pin cushion rings since we sold out of a lot of them last weekend!!!

We celebrated with Lavender x3 cocktails for the 4th. Why "x3" you ask? If lavender were fireworks, then this drink would be the grand finale! It  was definitely  a lavender explosion made with Lavender Lemonade, Lavender Infused Vodka, and Lavender Simple Syrup. I also tried making the spiked lemonade with infused vodka and San Pellegrino Limonata... I am completely torn on which I liked better.  Making the actual lavender lemonade took some time so mixing with the Limonata makes WAY more sense in the taste to easy ratio.

Once the cocktails and food had been started on, logically we had to play some guitar hero for entertainment. I don't care how old this game is, I love spastically trying to keep up with the music!

To sweeten the day Annette and her culinary expertise brought some wonderful food over including this amazing peach + raspberry cobbler. With homemade vanilla bean whip cream mind you ;) So flippin' tasty it is no wonder she makes sweet treats for a living!

Alas, the holiday is over and work is calling...
Hope y'all have a wonderful rest of the week!
XOXO, KC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...