Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How-To's Day: Easy Daily Calendar

Having a daily calendar to save a few notes on what you did for the day or milestones you may have crossed is really fun.



All you need for this project is:
4"X6" Index Cards
Date Stamp
Optional- Day of the Week Tape
A box or something to organize the cards in.

I got lucky and the box I found at a garage sale has month dividers already for me to utilize.  You can make your own or buy some to separate the months:



First things first, load up your index cards. You can either pre-stamp the dates or stamp as you go.  I found the days of the week washi tape from Etsy seller Pretty Tape back before the Holidays and I LOVE having rolls of this tape on hand.  I thought I would be using it in my notebook- I am addicted to jotting notes about everything! I think if I don't write something down it never sinks down into my brain. Notebooks are helpful but until recently I haven't figured out a good way to use the information after I record it. Now, I like having a small notebook on me at all times to capture important notes to recall and remember as well as an idex card day diary to record snippets of each day.  So far the notes have been short enough to where I can add extra info on the card next year too!  It will be interesting to see if there are any trends or lucky days when the years go by.  Also, the cards can be slipped in your purse and travel with you on the go so you never miss the details.

Here are some items on Etsy to make your own:
Hope you enjoy making and enjoying one for yourself!
XOXO, KC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...