Friday, October 21, 2011

What I Wore- Friday 10/21/11

Tonight Kevin and I went to Yen Sushi & Karaoke in the Westfield Culver City Mall. This was our first time checking it out- we went to celebrate our friend Cathy's birthday.
 
For the party, I wore another Jet Rag $1 dress.  I will have to add some close up details in a later post because there is great stitching detail down the front and across the skirt mid-thigh.  This picture is after the long night of karaoke which got intense and I had to roll up the sleeves. We were all rocking out hard core! My personal highlight I'd like to think was when I discovered Zombie by the Cranberries in the song book.  While I love the durability of polyester I neglected to think about what temperature it might be in the private room we were in for the party. This is definitely going to be one of my go to dresses this winter!

My staple accessory is this button covered clutch that was one of the first projects I made from a thrifted item, way back in high school.   I  found a peachy/ pink clutch and covered it with all my favorite buttons from my collection. I really need to make some more of these...  They are so much fun!
I really had a great time at Yen Sushi :)  Kevin had gone to Korea town for karaoke with the same group of friends before, and they went to two locations for dinner and then had to drive to a separate place for karaoke where the parking was almost nonexistent.  Yen Sushi is super close to our house and has unlimited amount of parking since it is in the mall- which is amazing!  The food was really good.  The prices were super reasonable and the song list/ play book was HUGE! Overall a super evening.

Hope the rest of the weekend is equally exciting for us- And even more exciting y'alls way!
XOXO, KC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...