Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ace Hotel- Palm Springs

Kevin and I had our first vacation since we got married in Palm Springs last week.  First time for both of us to travel out into the desert and experience what Palm Springs is all about.  The first part of our trip was spent at the ACE Hotel & Swim Club and it was retro gold! *I will have to share pictures from my point and shoot due to my computer still being down :( There is no way I am clogging up my laptop with my super hi-res shots and I don't want to delay the pictures.


It is renovated mid-century modern hotel, which is the main reason I plotted towards Palm Springs :) Even before we started picking out what design elements we respond to decorate our apartment I have had a love affair for mid-century modern furniture.  Now living in California my love affair has blown into full on obsession and Palm Springs has everything all wrapped up in a perfect sized community to get my fix.  If you are thinking of moving here and making it a full time experience the tip from the locals is that it is relationship suicide for hetero women... But it makes for great pool gazing! 
The Ace Hotel & Swim Club is the place where even the locals are attracted to spend their leisure time and there are swim club packages for everyone to enjoy the fun!  Along with amazing music with the most amazing loungers to enjoy the music outside, you can drink one of the most delicious frozen adult beverages :) There is a very tasty root beer one that was my favorite :) The resort and pool deck are dog friendly and there are other perks like hammocks, towel wrapped islands, and poolside pillows to enjoy your time by the pool.  Make sure to put on your sunscreen! The locals are Bahama brown, but there were a lot of crab red painful people poolside- I could not imagine a burn in the desert heat :(




The best part of the Ace Hotel (actually there will be more, but the best feature that is unique that I have pictures of-lol) Are the fireplaces!!! We had the room like the top left picture with the fireplace and super cute outdoor furniture to enjoy a night under the stars in the desert.  I thought it was ironic that while we were gone I got some great info on the Acapulco Chair that we enjoyed fireside on Design*Sponge http://www.designsponge.com/2011/05/leather-acapulco-chair.html I might have to get one of my own here. Wanna enjoy another room and skip the fireplace- totally do it! As shown in the bottom pictures there are several wonderful fireplaces for all guests to enjoy on the property and there is even a package where you can cook fireside.

For fun lovers and activity goers this is the place for you! There is record players in the rooms, bikes that you can check out and cruise around, Bingo nights, Karaoke,  a Feel Good Spa, Movies (The in room tv's have choices that range from indie to paid adult only) Amazing food that is unique and creative, plus amazing decor that spins a 70's feel with amazing macrame with wild dioramas!!!! What else could you ask for :)

Our last morning we encountered a photo shoot in the Lobby as well as the booth behind us at the King's Highway- which we later learned was a photo shoot for Nylon Magazine!  I can't wait to see what the spread looks like, from what we saw they were totally inspired by all of the desert textiles and retro styling.  

Now I want to make some macrame! Too bad that's not the project for tomorrow's craft party night...

XOXO,
KC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...