Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wedding Wednesday- Cake Stands (Mariners Church) & Glass Etching

Today may be one of my last weekly Wedding Wednesday posts.  I will still try and post wedding themed items or projects on Wednesday, but this wraps up our wedding stuff until June when our May shows are over.
 
There has been some great comments on the first post on Sam and Jennie's Wedding at the Mariner's Church last month and I am really excited to do  a follow-up post.  You can see the original post here.  
Using the picture above as inspiration, below is a treasury  featuring tree cake stands.


The glass etching trial and testing is still on going and I have more than just the blue and green glass bottles pictured in the  previous post.  I am hoping that I can find someone to add to my list of resources out here that I can get to cut the necks off the bottles eventually... but until then I am just going to decorate them neck and all.
I used the clear reinforcement circles for 3-ring holes as a stencil guide.  I am still working on getting things nice and easy- there seems to be some light residue as you can see in the right picture.  Hopefully I can get it to where the dots are the only thing I etch.  On our to-do list for our Unique LA booth is to get a batch together for our displays. I am thinking yellow and orange flowers will liven up the place :)

Hope these later postings work with everyone. I think it works better for my work flow to post in the evening before Kevin gets home and then I can journal the day.  I think that should help with the posting quality because writing about what I did is easier than discussing the probabilities. He's home now so I have gotta run ;)

XOXO,
KC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...