Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wedding Wednesday- DIY Photobooth

I don't know why ever since my wedding I have been obsessed with weddings!  I think it is because there are so many possibilities for themes and feelings all within a single event.  I enjoy so many themes and styles that I feel like one wedding can't fit in all my wildest possibilities!!! Kevin needn't to worry, he can't shake me- so instead I am going to enjoy other peoples big days and do more party decorations :)

Since moving to LA, the planned, posed, photo opportunity has become a staple at every event we have attended.  The idea of the photo booth or the designated "off the red carpet picture spot"is a fun way to take your best photo to remember the affair.

There was a insert in the most recent Martha Stewart Wedding Magazine all about the beauty of having your own video photo booth at your wedding instead of a traditional guest book.  This option can be really helpful if you don't have access to a helper to man the photo booth and can just set up a tripod and a video camera.  Don't forget to let people know how they can see the fun later on your favors or take-away information to show how important they made your big day!

Make Your Own:
I saw this post on Curbly, an Eco blog I love to follow, all about making your own photo booth.  The post even has free software for Mac OS X users to quickly turn the pictures into a photo booth style strip that can be printed off for the guests to keep!. How awesome!!! Check it out here 



 I found this Hollywood Slate Board this week at the Fabric Barn in Long Beach. It was only $1.30! For those of you not in CA, you can find them online at one of my favorite shops fredflare here.

A great way to let your guests personalities shine is to save pieces of costumes or fun items fitting your theme to bring into your pictures.  You can have an area for your guests to choose items to add some fun to their pictures, Or you can utilize the backdrop to create a theme behind your posed friends (think a grown-up version of the palm trees behind you at prom- see funny picture bellow. hehehe)

 
Here is a picture from prom in high school.  I made my date and I's outfits in duct tape and bubble wrap for the Duck Brand's Get Stuck at Prom Challenge.  I would have never imagined that it would be online forever in their gallery, LOL- here is the online gallery.  Maybe there would be better pictures for a scenic backdrop, but it is hilarious so I thought I'd add it ;)

Well, off to make things! 
XOXO,
KC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...