Thursday, June 24, 2010

Trials and Tribulations

I have been really introspective when it comes to what I want to do, and the things I want to make lately... And, I think the process of cleaning, sorting and re-evaluating the clutter of my life does kind of correspond with my mental outlook on life. (Okay, does my studio space reflect and translate to my life? Yes, I think so!)

I feel like since my earliest memories I have collected and coveted things for no other reason than just because I like it.  While collecting everything I get a ton of temporary satisfaction, but then I have anxiety over the fact that I am not utilizing them for the project/ display/ use they are coveted for.  It has been super therapeutic to re-inventory my life with a different spin on the end use of all my collections.  And in this inventory process I feel like things are more in order and I am inspired by so many great things to do with all the items I have stockpiled over the years.

I am taking the time when I see some inspiration within the collections to test out some products and techniques and I am still not sure which items will be best for batches for Shows/Etsy and what are good for Presents/ Promos and then the third group Demos/ How-To's.  

I would like to figure out a way to select what is best for my supporters, but for now I am just going to highlight the new items:

Napkin Rings

Envelope Sets


I made from the return envelopes from bills and other pieces of junk mail. At Christmas I got this great tape that I have been coveting and I am super excited to use it finally for something.  I used an old stamp pad that prints some but barely prints to cover up the printed places and created a background texture.  Then, layered strips of the tape to cover up the rest.  Using blank labels there is blanks for the address and for the postal void/ metered stamp to process it.  I picked the darker pets from these great stamps that benefit sheltered animals to complement the darker color of the envelopes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...