Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Work In-Progress

I miss having a network of great people around for in-progress critiques as I had in College.  All the great working knowledge and eyes I had at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) in the Fibers Department was invaluable.  During my working progress- usually mid day... there comes a point I wish I had some fresh eyes and some peers in brainstorming.  What do people usually do to solve this??? Networking and meeting new friends in new cities aside- When you aren't in school or in a traditional work environment how do you get feedback?  Maybe I can host a critique at my place... Everyone's invited!  Facebook and e-mails welcomed too :)

Today I started some samples for a piece I am working on: Dreams, Goals, and Memories

 Here is some details so far-
 This is a close up of one of the panels.  It is displayed on my south studio window.  I think it needs to be back lit because playing with the transparency of the materials is the main element so far.

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go where there is no path… and leave a trail."


So far there are 3 and I am putting them on hold for the day.  Once I can get some fresh perspective I'll come back to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...