Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"We don't inherit the earth from our parents... We borrow it from our children."

 Photo by: Charlie Riedel / AP Photo

The Deepwater Horizon seems to not be only well leaking oil into the Gulf of Mexico this last month.  While looking over the websites and following the horrible happenings on the Gulf I came across a blog that says;The Ocean Saratoga, a nearby rig has been leaking since at least April 30.  

While the leak is much smaller then the catastrophe we see in all the news press, the proof is stated that Skytruth.org has gathered multiple images of a 10-mile-long slick emanating from the Ocean Saratoga that is visible from space.  Skytruth.org monitors environmental problems using satellites. I looked over the Skytruth website and there are all kinds of horrible galleries of pictures even including the 2007 San Francisco Bay Oil Spill and I for sure can tell you that I am in alliance with everyone who is confirming this to be one of the most horrific environmental catastrophes ever ***I saw these photos*** after my husband Kevin found them online yesterday and each and everyone of them was like taking a sucker punch to the gut.  After multiple pictures in the above gallery there are some informative videos to watch too-

I feel like I have heard this quote over and over lately, I am not sure who the source would be but it's basically "We don't inherit the earth from our parents... We borrow it from our children."

With that sad, it is a very sad time for us Environmentalists, but it is a sad time for the fate of our ancestors as well that this happened on our watch.  

I like many people am busy trying to see what part I can aid in helping the cause and I look forward to suggestions of how everyone is doing so too.   Maybe we can do something collective together.  I am not sure the best avenue for financial aid but we will keep posted what efforts we will be putting donations towards/ what percentage of the proceeds after the Renegade Los Angeles Show to go toward these efforts.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...