Wednesday, June 2, 2010

THINGS WE LIKE TO READ

 I just finished reading my Copy of The Handmade Marketplace: How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally, and On-Line by Kari Chapin and it is f'ing AWESOME!  Everyone in any creative stage of making things should pick this book up and give it a read.  It has a mix of quotes and helpful insights from the pros we wanna be some day, as well as some step by step instructions to start an avenue for your business.  The Artists involved are awesome! The resource list and added info is awesome!  For the price vs. it's awesomeness, you're basically missing out to not buy it-
The Handmade Marketplace: How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally, and On-Line
It has a great section about getting your work into blogs and press which will be the new (scary) endeavor on my to-do list.  This book has given me more confidence now in creating my online/ digital press kit and submitting to blogs somethings we are getting involved in.

When you buy it, get Craft, Inc.: Turn Your Creative Hobby into a Business by Meg Mateo Ilasco too.  It was my ABSOLUTE go to book when I was 1st planning everything. It is so informative and had different artists I covet include hints and tips as well.
 
Craft, Inc.: Turn Your Creative Hobby into a Business

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...