Thursday, March 11, 2010

OK Go is making me Thoughtful...

So I have posted the pictures in the following entry- Check them out, this thought will be better illustrated in my rambling illustrations...

So, we go to the Video Release Party that LACMA advertised to their Members via e-mail. You don't have to be a member to go, but it wasn't widely publicized. We were there early and while waiting was horrible in heels, it helped me get some good pictures since I am still a skittish photographer. We took pictures, ate overpriced well needed food, and soaked up the experience.
I have to research into it more, but I guess the building the LACMA had bought that we were experiencing from the rooftop was a old landmark...

It made me nostalgic for rooftop barbecues in NYC and illustrated even more to me how different the scene is in LA. Some people were there in support of all the hardworking artists that made the Rube Goldberg Machine and even the Lead Singer's Dad was part of the fun celebration. What I don't understand is even with a small cost of $20 bucks to see them why it seemed as though some people where just there to get out of the house. The evening turned into a live show where all but the drummer (Who was in Mexico and couldn't attend) played us an acoustic rendition of their popular songs.

AWESOME, right???? YES!!! So I am just wondering if its my surroundings, or my southern upbringing for me to find the evening unsettling when you hear people laughing and talking over your favorite song. If I was pouring my heart out in song and heard an out of place laugh I would take it personally. Thankful the guys rocked out and were amazing, but in the back outer ring of the crowd where people are turned to themselves- not even whispering, looking and sharing pictures on their phones to their friends... I just don't get it.

I left last week with a ton of unanswered questions about my surroundings, the times, society, and etiquette in general! Maybe this will lead me to purse a Miss Manners for the Millennium-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...