Monday, March 22, 2010

Mail- the New catalyst to "Check List Idea"

I am super excited for some things I have planned for this week!!! I am going to start the week off with some inspiration found from Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and My new "Check List Idea". I am wayyyyyyy to Type "A" to not have goals, expectations, and outlines to everything I think, hope and dream about. So, I have been going over and over in my head since starting this blog what I want from it. I was thinking about groupings or themes to focus on because if I don't watch out my attention span lapses as I am off running amuck in everything!...
So, one thing that I think people aren't putting enough attention into is how even the small things they think don't make as much of an impact in relation to everything else is the Global Impact on what we Eat. I am very upset to have lived in the consumer denial of food. In a generation of time where processed is okay... And the "I am okay... and it's what I like". I hate that unfortunately the absences of a voice isn't seen as a bigger deal to food manufactures and we are promoting Healthy Foods that are indeed not ideal to either us or the Environment.

What must we do to promote a sense of urgency towards the education of High Fructose Corn Syrup??? Today I received my All-Bran 7-Day Promise Kit in the mail from Kelloggs that I was really looking forward to receiving. It promised 51% of my daily fiber and an awesome recipes, and at first it was one of the greatest discoveries in my mail today.

It came better than promised; Outline for my new life even. Included recipes and a meal plan for why eating seven + days of their cereal will make my life better, AND pop-art covered Marigold Seeds for me to plant with my ohhhh soooo conscious self. BUT then you look slowly across the ingredient list and you see the "enemy" High Fructose Corn Syrup.

***NOTE EACH LINK FOR HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS A DIFFERENT LINK, PLEASE KEEP READING FOR ALL THE DETAILS***

Not only are so many people unconcerned with the over-run bully- High Fructose Corn Syrup, but it is also the main detriment to the character of today's Food Industry. It pollutes our bodies and our Environment and by allowing our voice to go unheard about the situation makes Manufactures think its okay to produce a product that people will put their blind faith into. Just think if everyone put their stock and faith into the eating regimen behind Kellogg's All Bran: 7-Day Promise and a quarter of our population blindly followed along with the advertising campaign what would be the global repercussion??? How much different fat would we keep or gain in our Healthy Quest??? What kind of lingering effects will High Fructose Corn Syrup in regards to future illnesses???

I hope this helps start a discussion about an issue that is really important and deserves more attention-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...